Friday, November 27, 2009

The Magic Bullet

I get calls (lots of calls) from people wanting advice on how to become a surveyor. That is part of why I started this blog. I want to help you be successful. I want you to pass the exams. (I want you to join us on the CEU Cruise someday but that is another story.)

Many of the calls I get are from people wanting exactly the same thing. Everyone wants a Magic Bullet. They all want to know what one book they can buy, what one course they can take, what one thing they can do that will guarantee success on the exams.

I have sad news folks. There is no magic bullet. There is no one course, one book, one anything that will guarantee success. Oh sure I've seen companies who make outlandish claims for the success of their students. (BullS**t).

As you may have read in earlier posts on this blog, there is no substitute for plain old hard work and dedication. You can not get by with less than that full effort.

The breadth of material covered on the exams is so wide that it is not possible to write one book or design one course that covers everything. There is a reason it takes years to properly prepare. There are no magic bullets.

Larry P

No comments:

Post a Comment